Johns Hopkins Popline
Advanced search with researchers in mind
- INTERACTION DESIGN,
- RESPONSIVE DESIGN,
John Hopkins University needed to improve its advanced search interface and architecture for all their documents in order to give a better experience to researchers.
To understand the needed functionality we studied a couple of typical user research techniques they would use, which impressed by the amount of variables and ways they grouped each of those variables and couldn't do it on the platform.
With this information, the brief, the Personas and the use cases, we created a draft version of the possible interaction, which we later on improved and iterated until we created a version that was great for the users needs.
- Serving two sites through modular development
- A pinch of ajax
- Unlimited length for monstrous searches
- Integrated POPLINE Thesaurus within Search
- Ability to add multiple search fields, mix and match search types however you like
- Savable Search Groups to facilitate complex search strategies
- Search History display
- Ability to combine History, Saved, and New Searches